Raster active path issue

I am now using acad and raster 2011.

In the previouse versions of these two programs I worked with, If you had a old married pair (DWG+.TIFF) that had lost conectivitiy, .tiff wouldn't show up when you opened the .dwg, you could go into raster/manager, then in the manager box, you would highlight the dwg., go down to active path, browse out to the .tiff and "get them back together."

In this version when I go to browse out to the .tiff, they dont showand the "Choose a directory" box doesn't have the pull down to allow you to show different applications/.extensions.

Any idea what the change is?

I need to marry a .cal that is now a .tiff

I can import it but the chances of geting the raster to match up to the vector that way is slim and time consumming. Little help?

Try repathing it with the Xref manager. open up the Xref manager and at the bottom should be the saved path and path found at.

I ended up typing in image and it brought up the old style box i was use to . I was able to browse out to the little criminal. I was unemployed for over a year, I think some of my cad skills might have packed a bag and went on vacation. . . . .I sure hope they get back soon. :lol: thanks for contributing to my knowledge base. p.s. good choice in whiskey!

Another option for when directory changes come up, look at using Reference Manager. I use it for XREFs, rasters, etc. Just be aware the RM is only going to be able to update paths, not file names. For that look into ObjectDBX.

Cheers! :beer: