3D modelling - Zoom

prabhathjp

dear friends

I m doing some 3d modelling work (house) and wanted to model a door frame.

i want to zoom one point on the frame but i cnt do it when i move the mouse wheel by one pulse it is going so far (very small) when i move the mouse wheel back words for one pulse it is going out of the screen how to adjust this....... I m a beginner to 3D

The ZOOMFACTOR variable controls how much the magnification changes when the mouse wheel moves forward or backward. Just type ZOOMFACTOR at the command line and change the setting. You can set the variable anywhere between 3 and 100. Higher values equal more magnification and lower values equal less magnification.

Hi, perhaps you can try to change to parallel mode when modeling, instead of perspective.

Edited by Oppie

• 2 weeks later...

this isnt really an issue with zoom factor its that your trying to go trough a solid object

Example create a simple 4 wall room with a wall inside and try to zoom in through it it slows down as you try to go through it i dont know why though i work around this by clicking the top on the view cube and zoom in out without a problem

I'll give an easy solution that I usally do when this problem happens with me.

type Z , enter, then press enter again.

Or go to view> zoom> real time

and zoom by pressing the left mouse button and moving the mouse up and down.

but remeber to activate parallel projection, not perspective projection.