printing pdf

blackeagle1245

I have tried first time to get 3d realistic pdf but it seems to bad. If I do export 3d dwf then its way better than the other but in this one I cant do it in layout. And for pdf couldnt find the problem

So, let me get this correct.. you tried to plot a 3D display that was set to Realistic, but it was poor quality.. so you tried to do the same with pdf and it was still poor. So you did DWF and plotted to PDF from the DWF and got acceptable resolution, but in a portrat shape instead of landscape?

Type RPREF, and set your preset to Presentation, then turn Global Illumination to ON, and turn Final Gather to ON. Set a goo, high resolution setting. Also, to add realism, type SUNPROPERTIES, turn it to ON, then under Status, select "Sky Background & Illumination". Now, type RR at the command line to render the image. Save it as a JPG or BMP or whatever. Then, open that file, and print to PDF using whatever PDF print driver you have installed. This is the method I use.

The above is excelent for refining your output image, I have not done that myself, but I recognize the terms from my 3D modeling days. More in general see the basic settings I use just to output in higher resolution.

And here is a test plot zipped (11x17)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790817/test.zip

Plot window settings

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790817/RenderPlot.jpg

Let me know if this helps or if you need additional help

The above is excelent for refining your output image, I have not done that myself, but I recognize the terms from my 3D modeling days. More in general see the basic settings I use just to output in higher resolution.

And here is a test plot zipped (11x17)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790817/test.zip

Plot window settings

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790817/RenderPlot.jpg

Let me know if this helps or if you need additional help

Your pdf seems really nice I'll try both methods as soon as I can and inform you about the results. I dont have these hd cadd plot style anyway. Does it effect the quality of the pdf or just effects the lineweight?

HD CADD Full is just my pen asignments for the plotter, this is where you can adjust or set the plotted thicknesses of your lines. This should not affect your render plots, as they may not use the plot table. You should also know that I generated the HD CADD Full from the AIA table that comes with AutoCAD. And HD does not mean "High Definition" it's the initials of the name of the company I work for.

Also notice...the quality is set to MEDIUM. If you set the quality to CUSTOM you can adjust the resolution. In that screen shot it's at 200. For a cleaner image i would go to 300, but not more, as most plotters/printers do not print at any higher. If your company is like others I know, likely you will plot one set, and if the customer wants more they pay for reproductions at a copy shop. Thus the detail of a higher resolution plot gets losst when they copy your prints. In general.. I never plot higher than 300. It just takes too long for the marginal increase in clarity.

Yep, much better than my method. 8)

I'm not sure my method is better.... if you only need one shot and it is for glamor.. not technical.. I would not want to push your system every time you plot... might be a good ide to use StykFacE method and generate an image, and place the image in the paperspace. This will reduce plot times. As it does take time to render for each plot.

If you need a 3D shot for your cover, I would just make one image at the begining, at very low resolution.. i.e. an indicator for updating later... and on the final set.. do a high resolution image and place that in paperspace using StykFace's method.

This may not matter if your sheet set is 10.. but if your working with a sheet set of 60+ sheets.. and many sheets have rendering... the plot time will kill you.. 2 hrs.. 3hrs.. overnight... images take time too, but not nearly as much as renders..