Visibility Parameter with lisp

resullins

I have a dynamic block, attached, that has a visibility parameter for the connector type.

I also have one visibility state that brings up an attribute so that you can manually edit the connector type for anything non-standard.

I also have a little lisp that makes you able to select a whole bunch of blocks, use the command OTHER, enter a connector type, and it will fill in the atrribute for you. Kind of handy and quick for what we do.

There's one little thing I'd like to add, though... I'd love it if when you selected blocks, entered OTHER, entered a connector type and pressed enter, it would automatically change the visibility state to the one that has the attribute in it.

I hope that makes sense.

Connector.dwg

So, you want a routine that you can select a group of dynamic blocks, name the visibility state and it will set each to said specified visibility. Is this correct?

Mostly. I only want it to change the visibility when you enter the OTHER command, and I want it to automatically select the OTHER visibility state.

In a coding mood...

(defun _toVisibilityState (obj visibilityState)
 (if (minusp (vlax-get obj 'IsDynamicBlock))
   (vl-some
     '(lambda (x)
        (if (wcmatch (strcase (vla-get-PropertyName x)) "*VISIBILITY*")
          (not (vl-catch-all-error-p (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-put-value (list x visibilityState))))
        )
      )
     (vlax-invoke obj 'GetDynamicBlockProperties)
   )
 )
)

(defun c:Other (/ ss i)
 (if (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "INSERT"))))
   (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
     (_toVisibilityState (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss (setq i (1- i)))) "Other")
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

Actually, this would make a lot more sense...

(defun _toVisibilityState (obj visibilityState)
 (if (minusp (vlax-get obj 'IsDynamicBlock))
   (vl-some
     '(lambda (x)
        (if (wcmatch (strcase (vla-get-PropertyName x)) "*VISIBILITY*")
          (not (vl-catch-all-error-p (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-put-value (list x visibilityState))))
        )
      )
     (vlax-invoke obj 'GetDynamicBlockProperties)
   )
 )
)

(defun c:Other (/ ss i o)
 (if (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "INSERT") (2 . "`*U*,Connector"))))
   (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
     (if (eq (if (vlax-property-available-p
                   (setq o (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss (setq i (1- i)))))
                   'EffectiveName
                 )
               (vla-get-effectivename o)
               (vla-get-name o)
             )
             "Connector"
         )
       (_toVisibilityState o "Other")
     )
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

I use the Properties pallette for mass changes to Dynamic Blocks or Attributes. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're actually trying to do.

As do I. But there are two steps currently, and there only needs to be one. Mostly because my boss HATES the properties pallete. So if I can make this thing work without having the click in 18 places, it would be awesome, cause then my boss wouldn't get annoyed.

@alan: Thanks for that!!!! I'll try it out later today... unfortunately, my morning is filled with fixing Engineer #3's shoddy work. I really hate Engineer #3.