3ds Max Png Format and background

Raudel Solis

When a Render is saved in a png format typically the sky is saved as transparent, Meaning You can take the render into photoshop and seamlessly add a background of your choice.

Whats your opinion on this?

I'm not sure what kind of opinions you're looking for? Are you asking for opinions on the png format? Or are you asking for opinions on saving your render as a png to take into Photoshop to add a background?

I like the png format because it's lightweight, like a jpg, but it still retains the accuracy and detail of the tif format.

As for saving your render to png format, I do this all the time, but usually I save as tiff format with alpha channel. I never save to jpg. You should always save as tiff or png.

When you save as png format with alpha channel, the background is gone completely. Only the modeled objects are present in the image.

When you save as tiff format with alpha channel, the entire image is still there, but you can use the alpha channel to separate the modeled objects from the background.