Viewport Problems

geocad

Hello All,

I am working in AutoCAD Map3D 2012. I am under a time crunch and am trying to create plates, but when I double click in my viewport it zooms extents every time. It seems to be regenerating automatically. If I double click into viewport it regens and zooms extents, I then zoom in close to what I want, double click back to paperspace to select the scale. At this point I need to refine what the viewport is showing, but if I double click back into model space it regens and zooms extents and if I lock it then I cannot move it. Hopefully this is clear. Thanks for any help.

you need to lock your viewports!

Unfortunately that wouldn't work for the process that I use. If my viewport is locked then I cannot move the view around to what I want. I usually set the viewport scale and then double click into the viewport and move the view to what I want, double click back to paperspace and lock the viewport. The problem was that after I would set my viewport scale and double click in the viewport to move the view it would zoom extents.

Make a view port for each view You want. Scale the view, lock it and name the tab at the bottom of the screen. Repeat process for each view needed.

you can still 'pan' while the viewport is locked by moving the grips at its corners. only scale and ucs is really locked.

you can still 'pan' while the viewport is locked by moving the grips at its corners. only scale and ucs is really locked.

Good to know.

Thank you.