Xref

avopia

Hello,

I have a problem in external references at work.

The xref attached to a file doesn't appear on all computers.

Do I have to put the xref in the same folder than the file?

Thank you for replying as soon as possible.

My understanding of XRefs is that the file needs to be visible from the computer you are working from.

Can the XRef'd file be moved to a location that is visible from all computers? If not the files will need to be moved together.

I'm sure there is a much better way of explaining your issue.

In fact,at the office,we are working as a network on the same server.

When I work on my computer and attach a XRef,it does work absolutely correctly but when somebody else is trying to open the same file on his computer the xref doesn't appear.

Why is that? Does Xref function like a raster image? Should the Xref be placed on the same folder so it can be loaded otherwise it just doesn't appear?

Hope that I've explained myself a bit more.

Are the files on a network drive on the server? Is the XREF referenced by a relative path or a full path? If it is a full path, and the drive letters are different then they won't work, however if you use different drive letters on the different computers, a relative file path should work for you.