Visual Styles

Bogbadbob658

I've been playing about with visual styles and found that if I use anything other than 2D wireframe I lose the ability to use the CTB settings in a viewport when plotting. Is there anyway I can get the CTB setting to be applied to other visual styles as well as 2D wireframe?

I have assigned a ctb file already but it only works when the visual style is 2D wireframe. As soon as I change the visual style it ignores the ctb file and plots the objects colour.

Just checked the help file, the default is color dependent. Once a drawing is saved with Use Color Dependent Plot Styles as the default, you can convert it to Use Named Plot Styles using the CONVERTCTB and CONVERTPSTYLES commands.

Any other Visual Style other than 2D Wireframe will always disregard the CTB plot style and plot in color. I've never tried STB. I guess if you use STB, just set everything to Black and see if that works. You might have to find the RGB value and set a specific style name to that.

Visual Styles override plot styles except for 2D and 3D wireframe.

If you plot from a layout, set the viewport visual style to 2D wireframe, then use Mview, Shademode, set the viewport to hidden. Now, at least with STB, you can control the color and lineweight.