Working with mesh

CiCAD

we have a project where there are ply fins hanging from a wall. the front of the fin needs to follow the shape of the mesh shape supplied by the client. i have no idea where to start. how do i say"take like a section' through the mesh or along a specific plane and drop it into a 2d polyline. look at my drawing may explain more.....

Ok File is too large... can someone help? i can try explain more if you like

Once you create your curved mesh you may use other objects/surfaces as slicing planes. You will, as far as I know have to convert your mesh to a surface or solid to do the slice and or subtract.

sliced_mesh.jpg

Good Luck

KC

looking at your sketch and looking at the mesh you have extracted from the contour below. if i had a drawn a line along Y axis and this was my 'cutting plane' i need to represent in 2d what that plane would look like....Make sense?

looking at your sketch and looking at the mesh you have extracted from the contour below. if i had a drawn a line along Y axis and this was my 'cutting plane' i need to represent in 2d what that plane would look like....Make sense?

Same thing just use an extruded line to make your surface. then slice your 2D profile:

sliced_mesh_01.jpg

sliced_mesh_02.png

KC