Placing text in circle

richard3009

Being a bit puzzled with the previous post (it did not work properly for me), I tried to work out a more logical way of setting the picks for the Mtext box.

With the Nearest Osnap, pick somewhere on the circle in the top left hand quadrant, then for the next pick, use the Perpendicular Osnap to the bottom right hand quadrant (it finds the accurate point ). Then in Mtext, set the justification as MC, and off you go. Job done :D

Not sure why you would be puzzled by the instructions, simply snap to the quadrants at 12 and 6 oclock.

I now think there are two really good choices, if you want zero width then osnap to 12 and 6 quadrants, if you want width osnap to 9 and 3 quadrants, or use your near and perp solution for mtext with width.

To get mtext centered exactly the line spacing needs to be set to "at least"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richard3009

• eldon

• Tyke

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure why you would be puzzled by the instructions, simply snap to the quadrants at 12 and 6 oclock.

When I tried it your way, it simply did not work. It might be that my Osnaps, being older, are not working the same as yours, but my text, even though it was MC justified, ended up with the left hand end at the centre of the circle.

Also the Quadrant OSNAP is not one of my usual ones, so I found a method that worked for me, and may help someone else. :D