Import-Export Tool Palettes

cadman6735

Hi all,

I am following the AutoCAD help menu and it is telling me to go to the ManageTab, Cusomization, Tool Palettes and to Import-Export a palette or palette group to simply right click on the palette or palette group.

I am right clicking but I only get:

New Group

Rename

Delete

Set Current

I see nothing about Importing or Exporting.

any ideas, thanks

oh, I also want to add a custome palette to the profile so when I share my profile all users get the same tool palette, (I am having trouble understanding how to do this)

Thanks again

Yep, that is what I am looking for... Do you think there is a setting that will unlock those two options?

this is all I get...

WhatIGet.png

Are you using Revit or AutoCAD?

I use them all :cry: , Revit, AutoCAD, Microstation and all versions of each. But this question revolves around AutoCAD Architecture 2012...

Thanks

See if THIS is of any help.

Yes, This is the current way I do it already, I open the contentbrowser and basicly eyedrop them onto the user palette.

I was looking for a more managble way of doing it. We just upgraded from AutoCAD2008 to AutoCAD2012 and I am setting up the company standard profile and figured I could add the palette to the profile one time and call it done. When I first started here the drag and drop method was the way the old cadd manager did things and this is how he showed me how I should do it too. I was thinking that maybe there is a better way. .

I thought there was a way to make project specific palettes and have them load with a profile.

found my answer, it doesn't help me though, we don't use ProjectNavigator... :(

For anyone else who sumbles across this post:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadmep/enu/online-help/BLDSYS/2012/ENU/pages/WSfacf1429558a55dec759ddffb0eba94718db.htm

and another link that might work for me

http://autocadmep.blogspot.com/2007/05/tool-palette-management-in-network.html

Edited by cadman6735