why are Dimension lines just as thick as the drawing??

rhader

Hey guys,

I am using a 2011 version of AutoCAD in our office andI remember that I used to be able to print out a drawnig ina ny format - PDF or simply to a printer / plotter and the dimension lines would be slightly different than the drawing itself....

Now the dimension lines are just as thick / dark as the actual drawing and all of the drawn components... this makes it very difficult to decipher anything once it is printed in Black and White...

I have set everything as I used to... i.e. 'monochrome' and I have set the dimension types (lines) to 'By Layer'...

what am I missing??

should I be physically changing the dimension line thickness? I do not recall ever having to do that? :?

thanks!

You have dim types set to bylayer, so what layer are you using and if CTB what color are you assigning, and is the corresponding CTB pen color number set to plot thinner than other pen color numbers?

fixed it!

for some reason it hadnt kept all of teh lineweights on the layer i had thought I set everything to....

while we are on teh subject - daft question - whats CTB?

When you plot your drawing will be set for CTB or STB files, like ACAD.CTB. The CTB uses color style names, STB uses names that you create. See help in AutoCAD for more on the subject.