Rescaling just one axis on 2D Drawing, Possible?

lanvin

Hello, i'm new here and desparately in need of advice.

i have plotted a 1 to 1 scale longitudinal section view of a river tributary of 3000m and the total difference from headwater to confluence is 17m in elevation.

So i need to 'squeeze' the 3000m into a drawing, which means scaling it down. However, i would like to maintain the elevation so that the profile is clearer. Is there anyway of doin' this? i mean maintaining a Y of 1 to 1 scale, and X for example 1 to 10 or 1 to 100 scale.

I know the easiest way is to redraw, but i do not want to waste the time for the sake of one drawing, since i still need the 1to 1 scale drawing for my hydraulic modelling.

Please advice and thanks in advance.

You could WBlock out the profile(?) then Insert it into a new drawing specifying a different X, Y or Z scale. I think that would work. Not sure if you would actually be pleased with the results.

It works with the simple BLOCK command as well; I do it like this, step by step

Select all the entities

Ctrl+Shift+C - select basepoint

Ctrl+Shift+V - select insertion point

Mark the new block - Open up Properties and change the Y-scale in there.

The only thing I have found that messes this up is that the original Polylines are all converted to Lines when I explode the block again...

Here is a totally novel approach if the other methods are not satisfactory:

Set your view "on edge" so you are looking at the "front elevation" of the 2d section - do this by the command sequence:

UCS

X

PLAN

Now you are looking "on edge" and you should see only a line.

Rotate your geometry to produce the "x" scale you need 1:10 = 84.2608 %%d 1:100 = 89.4270%%d

Set your ucs back to world, view PLAN, now issue the "Flatten" command

Thank you guys so much!

i still have a lot to learn. So far managed to get what i want with tiger's method. I'll try out on the other later on. thanks again.