Quick Leader in 2009

biffish

Do you know how I can get the button back because I can't find it? I've been having to copy and paste text/leaders and it's becoming a real pain since I have to change the layers.

I'm not sure...I've never used multi leader, always quick leader. Are there any benefits?

I like to use multileader because the leader follows the text better than a standard leader. Also the text is MTEXT, which is obviously more versatile. As far as finding the button for qleader, that I don't know.

Awesome! I didn't know Q was the shortcut for quick leader! I type almost all of my commands in anyways. I usually hate the buttons. Thanks Bob'27T, I'll have to try that!

• 2 months later...

Just rightclick on an empty space that is not covered with Toolbars.

Go to "Customize...". Find your Quickleader and drag and drop it into a pallet you want it in. Apply and close the window. Voila!

Bob are you in engineering or survey?

I'm in engineering, although I do surveying from time to time when we have elevations that are wrong from the survey firm.

I'm in engineering' date=' although I do surveying from time to time when we have elevations that are wrong from the survey firm.[/quote']

Hehe. When our surveyors botch an elevation we call or email them and tell them to fix it.

We do occasionally make field visits though for things that the surveyor may not have been contracted for or to have a look at something they couldn't get to. Just this past week one of our engineers had to go check out a couple of inlets that had concrete slabs over them instead of a grate. He went out with a piece of rebar to make an attempt to find the top of the pipes.

Hehe. When our surveyors botch an elevation we call or email them and tell them to fix it.

We do occasionally make field visits though for things that the surveyor may not have been contracted for or to have a look at something they couldn't get to. Just this past week one of our engineers had to go check out a couple of inlets that had concrete slabs over them instead of a grate. He went out with a piece of rebar to make an attempt to find the top of the pipes.

We just fix their mistakes ourselves. They always get very defensive when we question their work. They reply with "you have no clue what it takes to do our job!" I feel drafters and surveyors should trade jobs for a week just to understand what each other deals with day in and day out.:P

That's hilarious. I'd tell 'em to suck it up and fix the survey that they were contracted to do. We have a city surveyor who seems to be like that. Get's defensive just when you ask him to do something that he should have done the first time around. Sorry Mr. Surveyor, but you were contracted for this job and it is expected to be done right. Sure, mistakes happen. People miss things sometimes. When you make a mistake, you make an effort to fix it. Can you imagine if an engineer had the same attitude? "Sorry about that manhole that is sticking up 5' out of the ground, but hey fix it yourself. You have no idea what it takes to do my job.":cry:

You can almost hear the crickets playing their violins for such a person.:lol:

hmm...."q" didn't work...

last time I checked you type in Qleader. I stopped using quick leaders with 2009 and now use Multi leaders.

I took some time to set them up the way I liked my quick leaders and I am so much happier now. Especially with annotation, annotative scaling, etc.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...