cannot lock or unlock viewport acad 2004

Digidoug

When I right click on a viewport I no longer get the menu that includes the lock/unlock choice, or anything else. I can select the viewport but I have no control over it. Also when I select objects the layer information is not displayed. Until today I did not have this problem. I'm thinking it might be a settings issue, because if I open this file up on another computer I can control viewport as usual. The only think I can think of that I may have done different is I was experimenting with rotation of view ports. I would greatly appreciate help.

The only way I know of activating the properties palette is by selecting the viewport boarder and then right clicking. I can select it but right clicking does nothing. Is there another way?

Thanks so much. Changing PICKFIRST setting to 1 did the trick. As you can see I am a newbee, and without your help I would probably still be looking for the answer. Thanks Again!