Linking Room Names to multiple drawing files using fields

Movieangel

I have figured out how to link my room names that are on multiple layers (ceiling, 1/8" scale, 1/4" scale, signage, etc.), but I am wondering does anyone know if I can link them outside the current drawing. I would like for when I update my room name and number for them to automatically update in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing sheets. Like I said all architectural are linked so that when I update one the others follow, but currently the other disciplines just copy and paste my names into their sheets which has been fine, but I think it is less risky for them to automatically update. I am considering creating additional layers in my background for the other disciplines but am kind of leary about giving them access to the backgrounds. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks

Room Names.dwg

So just so I understand, do you mean have a separate xref for just my room names? or do you mean put them in my background which of course they xref in to their sheets, but then that means they will be modifying my background?