Macro problem

Hi,

I have just switched to a new PC which has Win 7 (64bit).

I have migrated all my AutoCAD 2011 and custom cuix files.

In my custom cuix i had a macro that toggled the display of the Menu Bar.

Code..

^C^C^P(if (= 1 (getvar "menubar"))(progn (setvar "menubar" 0)(prompt "MENUBAR is turned OFF!"))(progn (setvar "menubar" 1)(prompt "MENUBAR is turned ON!")))(princ) 

Worked fine in AutoCAD when I had Win XP 32-bit.

When i use this now it displays all the code in the command line.

Command still works but its annoying that it does not work like it did previously.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Shoey

Edited by SLW210

Why do you need a macro to do that? At the righthand side of the Quick Access Toolbar theres a small triangle with a line above it. If you click on that you have at the bottom the ability to display or hide the Menu Bar.

Tyke,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware that you can toggle the menu bar from the QAT.

But i have this macro on a toolbar with several other variables ( 0 or 1 values ) and i use these for fast switching between the values.

My menubar macro toggle, when selected from a toolbar is faster than accessing from the QAT.

Just my preference.

But i cannot understand why all of the macro code is displayed when i now use it in Win 7 64bit.

Ta

Shoey

Shoey,

I understand where you are coming from and I agree with your logic.

I have a new W7 64Bit at home and I have palettes with macros in the command string and I don't have your problem with the code displaying in the command line. I guess there's a sysvar somewhere that controls it, but don't ask me which ;)

BTW we were almost neighbours at one time I lived just off the Stray in Harrogate before coming out here and I still do some bits and pieces for a small Civ Eng Consultant there. Which firm are you with?

Shoey,

At the beginning of your macro try setting the sysvar NOMUTT to 1 to turn off the "muttering".

^C^C^PNOMUTT;1;(if... 

You can always turn it back on at the end of your macro is you want to.

PS I've only tried this on my XP 32Bit in the office.

BTW we were almost neighbours at one time I lived just off the Stray in Harrogate before coming out here and I still do some bits and pieces for a small Civ Eng Consultant there. Which firm are you with?

Harrogate eh?..................the posh part of Yorkshire. Bet you did'nt eat your fish and chips wrapped up. I work near Leeds city centre for large international multi-discipline engineers.

Thanks for the NOMUTT suggestion.

Shoey,

I took care of it this time, but next time use the
CODE TAGS
, please.

Sorry about that - I will remember next time.

Shoey

Bet you did'nt eat your fish and chips wrapped up. I work near Leeds city centre for large international multi-discipline engineers.

Thanks for the NOMUTT suggestion.

But I did eat my fish and chips wrapped up and even frequented Harry Ramsdens. Can't get any here though and nobodys ever heard of Sarson's malt vinegar :cry:

Did the NOMUTT suggestion work?

Do you work in that building near the junction of Sovereign Street and Swinegate?

But I did eat my fish and chips wrapped up and even frequented Harry Ramsdens. Can't get any here though and nobodys ever heard of Sarson's malt vinegar :cry:

Do you work in that building near the junction of Sovereign Street and Swinegate?

Shame - might be a gap in the market for a chippy over there!

Yes - did work in a building on Sovereign Street but not for BWP! Re-located a few years back to another, more modern office in Leeds.

The problem has managed to resolve itself....I dont know how.

I've been loading various custom lisps etc on the new PC and when i tried the macro there was no echoing of the code.

It was not the NOMUTT, CMDECHO or MENUECHO variables - I had already tried them.

It's got to be a variable ( probably set from one of the custom lisps ) but can't work out which one!

Cheers Tyke

Shoey

I used BWP a couple of times in conjunction with some planning appeals that we had, I used a planning consultant call Rob Smith he has his office in Leeds, but I'm not sure if he still practices.

I'm glad to hear that it sorted itself out, you'll just need to keep an eye on the LISP routines and see if you can localize it.