start up errors

ThrashMetal

hey all,

i am using 3dsmax 2011 and recently i got a start up message saying "error parsing Xaml file: root element missing" and after i click "ok" another shows up saying "main ribbon configuration file possibly corrupt.reset to factory defaults?" so i click yes.

i really dont know what this error does on my max since it starts good and i always get to final render without any problems. but the thing is this pop ups show everytime i start max..any help please..thanks all.

one more thing, i use toshiba qosmio x505 lap top with core i5 processor, if this has something to do with the video card well i have no idea what are the specs of my video card. i'll look it up on the net and post it for additional info.

The message says your ribbon configuration is corrupt. That has nothing to do with your video card. I think you should run a repair. If that doesn't fix the problem, you may need to reinstall.

thanks for the reply cad.

i did both cad..repaired and reinstalled but still it appeared when i reinstalled.

after that i uninstalled again, ran ccleaner, reinstalled, same thing.

both my autodesk softwares are having errors, like my autocad 2011 is having a "heidi" error which i read here has something to do with video or display card thats why i thought the two were connected since it only affects autodest products..

"heidi"....

that is a graphics issue, im not sure where i got this but is there somewhere you can turn off hardware acceleration. that might fix it

I still say you need to reinstall. But before you do, you need to make sure you've completely removed all traces of the previous programs. Follow the instructions in this link to remove all Autodesk products from you system so you can do a clean install: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240817

"heidi"....

that is a graphics issue, im not sure where i got this but is there somewhere you can turn off hardware acceleration. that might fix it

That would be a workaround not a fix. Not really a graphics card error, but display drivers.

Autodesk feeds has posted a full Autodesk REMOVAL/REINSTALL.

hey guys,

thanks to you all my 3dsmax 2011 is working perfectly now..whew...

the only problem is my autocad 2011, the problem is still there, i posted a new thread on this where i copy-pasted the view log report that appeared when i opened cad.

my cad is so slow right now that when i draw a poly line, i have difficulties snapping it on and endpoint or any snap point, but with panning and scrolling, the speed is just right..

could this be a computer specs issue?, i have doubts on this question since we also use autocad 2011 at our office and it works perfectly, i only occured this problem on my lap top.

my cad is so slow right now that when i draw a poly line, i have difficulties snapping it on and endpoint or any snap point, but with panning and scrolling, the speed is just right..

Is it slow or do you have Snap turned on? Hit F9 to toggle Snap on and off.

Is it slow or do you have Snap turned on? Hit F9 to toggle Snap on and off.

the toggle is on but its not it, its really so slow it has a delay in its reaction with the way i move it.

if i get tired of this im going back to autocad 2010..:)