Good Landscaping Software

Stryker1989

Good morning all.

As the title says I'm after some landscaping software for a friend to use.

It needs to be fairly simple although he is a quick learner so complexity shouldnt be too much of a problem but the simpler the better.

Preferably needs to be free or cheap although he may be willing to pay so all ideas are welcome.

Thanks everyone :)

Oh I meant to mention a few features he wants. Basically he want's to look at landscaping gardens but creating computer images of them so being able to do a top down view of the gardens as well as being able to look at them as if you were stood in them looking around would be good.

A google search has thrown some out but wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions.

Cheers

Anyone else got any opinions? I still haven't gotten round to having a good look at 3DS and don't really wanna waste my time playing round with it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers all

It needs to be fairly simple although he is a quick learner so complexity shouldnt be too much of a problem but the simpler the better.

Preferably needs to be free or cheap although he may be willing to pay so all ideas are welcome.

FYI: 3DS Max is not cheap or easy to learn.

There are literally dozens of programs out there, but choosing the right one is dependent on what he actually needs to do with it. Maybe your friend needs to sign up here and tell us exactly what he intends to use the program for, how much he is willing to spend, etc.

Yeah I think that's probably best, I will get him on as soon as possible so he can explain the finer details.

I've had a look in the past for software, once when I was re-doing the full back garden at my place and another time more recently when I was building a deck. In the first case I just ended up putting pencil to paper and the second I used SketchUp as it was a pretty basic design that needed doing.

At the moment thought there does seem to be loads of packages and looking here http://landscaping-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html it's pretty definitve as to which ones are the best but as I trust you guys more than review websites I thought I would put the feelers out.