AutoLISP in 2011 vs earlier versions

The_SuperVixen

Hello,

We used to have highly customized menu's and programs designed for Autocad 2007. When we switched to 2011 we lost all of this information. My superiors had the great idea to outsource the creation of new more compatible menus to China. I got our 1st progress update today, and when I load the .cuix file I get this message:

"This version of XRP is designed for AutoCAD R14 - 2005 only"

I'm supposed to report back on what's been done, but I'm not sure what this even means. I've never worked with AutoLISP myself so this is all new to me, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Looks like a LISP alert call outside of the function definition, i.e. evaluated at loading.

I'm still new to CUIx, so forgive this *elementary* question (if that's what this is)... do you mean as in LISP incorporated into CUIx, or perhaps via *.MNL? :unsure:

I'm still new to CUIx, so forgive this *elementary* question (if that's what this is)... do you mean as in LISP incorporated into CUIx, or perhaps via *.MNL? :unsure:

Check out the command-line in the screen-shot ;)

Looks like a LISP alert call outside of the function definition, i.e. evaluated at loading.

Being that the whole purpose is to move away from obsolete entities and practices from Autocad versions prior to 2010, would that mean that this person is already on the wrong track?

I want the least customization as possible so as to avoid some of the problems we've had converting to 2011, for future conversions.

For example we had custom icons, pull downs and dialog boxes for our block library (which needs to be re-done anyway since our blocks are so old and not at all compatible with annotative technology). He wants to re-create all of this (more work = more $ I assume) when all I want is some custom tool pallettes.

Thanks

I only say that because it appears, from the command-line in your screenshot, that you have a few LISP files loading (or at least, that is what the messages are indicating) - any one of these may include a call to the alert function evaluated at loading time upon some condition being reached (such as an AutoCAD version check). Perhaps take a look at 'SETTRADE.LSP' (or at least that is what the file appears to be called from your screenshot).

In your cui it will have what program is being loaded as the first step as above check settrade.lsp you will need to start there .

Its sound to me like its doing a simple version check like below and current version is not in list, worse is that when 13 comes out the software will not run again if you can not add a version.

((vl-string-search "R17.2" vrsn) (setq appstr "6.0")) ;autocad 09
        ((vl-string-search "R18.0" vrsn) (setq appstr "7.0")) ;10
        ((vl-string-search "R18.1" vrsn) (setq appstr "8.0")) ;11
        ((vl-string-search "R18.2" vrsn) (setq appstr "9.0")) ;12 

To not breach copy right do not post code here unless you are sure you can.