Article on "Space and Scaling" by Frank Hietzman, AIA, ASID,

buildman

Hi Folks;

Here's an article with some Zoom Factors For Paper Space Scaling, and also Size Multipliers for Text and Dimensions. You may find this useful I stumbled across it and I would like to hear what some of you may think of it, I think it's worth a look over.

Here's the link;

http://academics.triton.edu/faculty/fheitzman/space.html

James

"Viewports (on either A-ANNO-VPRT layer, or DEFPOINTS layer)" - nothing should be drawn on the defpoints layer in my opinion.

I would do thing differently to what is in that article. The way it is presented is rather confusing with the zooming factors especially if you were new to AutoCad.

If I recall that's an old article that was written before some of the newer tools in AutoCAD were introduted. I didn't read it all this time but lasttime I read it years ago there were some things I would do different as Dink stated.

Yeah, the article is a bit dated, but there's still some good info there.

Regarding the Defpoints and viewports, that's solution was put forth as recommendation previously by Autodesk themselves. There is no inherent danger or disadvantage if viewports are always to be non-plot. Do I do it, No, because I want to be able to control viewports independent of defpoint objects, but I think the fear of doing so is mostly unwarranted.

Regarding Zoom > XP, it's worth noting that Annotative objects do not update when using ZXP, you must use the scale lists.

Edited by nestly

Thanks Dink87522;

I did take a tutorial that placed those two layers off limits, thanks for the heads up.

I'm still struggling with scaling of text and I sure don't need anything to confused me more, I think I may have it worked out but I want know for sure until I get my plots done this week.

Thanks a bunch.

James

Murph_map;

Thanks for pointing the old article thing out, having just gotten into this stuff after many years I'm still reading everything I can, hard to know whats old or new.

James

Yeah, the article is a bit dated, but there's still some good info there.

Regarding the Defpoints and viewports, that's solution was put forth as recommendation previously by Autodesk themselves. There is no inherent danger or disadvantage if viewports are always to be non-plot. Do I do it, No, because I want to be able to control viewports independent of defpoint objects, but I think the fear of doing so is mostly unwarranted.

Thanks Nestly;

Appreciate you words of wisdom here, I'll not throw this thing in the trash yet, maybe I can glean some good out of it. If I get further confused I sure know where to go, you folks are such a help.

Regarding Zoom > XP, it's worth noting that Annotative objects do not update when using ZXP, you must use the scale lists.

Thank for the note on the > XP

James