creating new linetype

soozyq

Hi All,

I am trying to make a variation of the track linetype in CAD but when I save it I keep getting bad definition when I try to load. The code I am using is below.

*TRACKS2,Tracks2 -/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

A,.15,[TRACK2,ltypeshp.shx,s=.25],.15

I just want the same as the track line type but with the vertical dash at 45 degrees.

Can anyone enlighten me and tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks a million

Sooz

Have you altered the file ltypeshp.shx to include the shape TRACK2?

As the shape TRACK1 is already in that file, I would look at rotating it with the r factor and possibly adjusting the point of insertion using the x and y factors, and even scaling it with the s factor to give your new linetype.

Thanks Eldon, I tried playing about with the settings even as far as changing the name but I just can't get it working.

This is what I have changed it to:

*backfill,-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

A,.5,[backfill,standard,s=.25,r=0.1 x=0.1, y=0.1],.15

I have tried saving it as its own file too but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks

You are now trying another type of line type with text inserted as the shape.

You would get a better result of changing [backfill,standard..... to ["/",standard....

But if you go back to your original try, you only had to add r=-45 to the existing tracks linetype to get what you wanted.

BackfillLinetype.jpg

Thanks eldon and SLW210. Took a look at the article too and still have a question. Apologies, never tried to make a new linetype before.

I have the linetype working based on your suggestion Eldon and my old issue now is that the dashes only appear to be at about 1 degree rather than the 45. The code now looks like this:

*track45,Backfill ---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---

A,2,[track1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.25,r=-.45],.5

Could this be due to another setting within my drawing?

Thanks in advance.

I have the linetype working based on your suggestion Eldon and my old issue now is that the dashes only appear to be at about 1 degree rather than the 45. The code now looks like this:

*track45,Backfill ---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---/---

A,2,[track1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.25,r=-.45],.5

try without the decimal point in front of the 45

try without the decimal point in front of the 45

I tried that and that seems to just remove any angle from the slash. The slash ends up being at 90 degrees from line rather than 45

Thanks though

I was going to say that the r factor is the rotation in degrees. One way is positive and the other way is negative (I tried both before I saw which way was which).

So your rotation was only 0.45 degrees which is nearly one degree.

So try this

A,2,[track1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.25,r=-45],.5

which is what dbroada was saying

I was going to say that the r factor is the rotation in degrees. One way is positive and the other way is negative (I tried both before I saw which way was which).

So your rotation was only 0.45 degrees which is nearly one degree.

So try this

A,2,[track1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.25,r=-45],.5

which is what dbroada was saying

Thanks Both. I realise not that I must have not reloaded the linetype properly when I updated it. It is working fine now. Thanks so much for all the help.

Sooz