AutoCad Slow Downs on MAC

sorina

Hi guys, I'm a first year interior design student and I'm having such a hard time with Autocad.

I've built a five story restaurant and when I select my model it takes up to ten minutes finish the selection!! Help!! I also have this problem with the same file in drafting!!

Also when I select, the drawing gets covered in constraint symbols. What does that mean? Does that have anything to do with it?

I've attached a photo of what I mean.

Can anybody help?

Screen shot 2011-08-26 at 2.06.18 AM.png

I would imagine that the constraints slow things down. Try to find where to disable them, I find it under the Parametric Ribbbon > Dimensional tab and click the arrow symble and you find Constraint Settings.

Are your computer specs in line or higher with what Autodesk is recommending for AutoCAD for Mac?

Is it a 3D-model or 2D-layouts?

Hi guys,

It worked!!!! Looks like it's much faster, @nestly-deleting the constraints seems to have done it, hope that was it, thanks sooooo much all :)

Here's my comp specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Guess they'r good from what i've heard?

Yeah, who told you to use those constraints anyway? I could see those being used in a mechanical design but WAY overkill in a 2D arch design IMHO. Glad it helped. Please share your design when you get it finished. It's always cool seeing what others do with CAD. :)