Another title block disaster:(

Elisabeth83

:cry:

I have just upgraded to 2012 and I am having a few issues with the title blocks I am creating. For some reason everytime I add attributes to the block they never come out in order. For example I create the title page, add the attributes using ATTDEF (job name etc) then I create the block and check my attributes using BATTORDER, I can arrange them using the up/down buttons which is fine. But as soon as I try to edit the attributes outside the block editor they are all out of order again! I have tried making the attributes in and outside of the block editor with no avail! And to make matters worse I have a jumpy mouse AAhh! Any help please!!!! :?

Thanks, Sorry for the following stupid question - do I need to use _ATTSYNC before creating the block, as I am creating the block or in block editor??:unsure:

AttDef's are a thing of the past for Title Blocks IMHO. I need to make a tutorial for how I set up Titleblocks using LT at my old company to share with the world. ;)

well.... let's see it

Do you use something other than attributes?

Hehehe, nobody believes me eh? I have a great automated system that works very well in LT. I will try and do a tutorial tonight if I can make time.

I don't doubt; just curious.

Ohhh gotcha. That makes sense. You've never been one to call someone out so I should've known. :)

I see no reason to ever call you out; I trust your statements.

Haha, I'm such a nerd. Listening to myself talk is reeeeally embarrassing, lol....

Link to video:

(1200x768 res, so watch HD fullscreen if you can)

No can see youtube here.

I do it the same way link dwg number to ctab, also field for drawing scale to vp scale & field for contract number linked to document filename. Works so much better and loads less work to do updating drawings numbers etc.