Automatic Join Polyline onto existing Polyline ??

Leave Me Here

Hi,

Is there any way at all to draw a new polyline - from the endpoint of another polyline, and have it automatically join as one polyline from the existing section??

I know this can be done via PEDIT, but its so laborious and soo many clicks, and I have alot of segmented Polylines that I need to consolidate when I draft.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

I also use the command Join with a large-ish fuzz-factor. Its not what you are asking for, I don't know how to do that (it would be awesome if it could work), but its a simpler workaround than PEdit

Is there any way at all to draw a new polyline - from the endpoint of another polyline, and have it automatically join as one polyline from the existing section??

Here is a quick and dirty lisp routine. No error checking......sorry, don't have time to pretty it up.

Pick the existing polyline near the endpoint where you want to start drawing the new segments.

(defun c:pline2 ( / ent pt1)
 (setq ent (entsel))
 (setq pt1 (osnap (last ent) "end"))
 (command "._pline" pt1)
 (while (eq 1 (logand 1 (getvar "cmdactive")))
   (command pause)
 )
 (command "._pedit" (car ent) "_J" (entlast) "" "")
)