I want two arrows on diameter dims in Autocad 2010

Mickcad

Hi all,

By some setting or default, when I dimension a diameter in Autocad 2010, I get a dim line that only has one arrow that points to one side of a circle, just like a radius. I'd like the diameter dims to have an arrow on both sides of circles.

I've been through the settings in Dimstyles. and didn't find a combination that made the desired change. I've looked at the properties for a specific diameter dimension and found nothing that worked there. I looked into block modifications using BEDIT and Properties, but I found nothing there either. While I may have overlooked a combination of changes in Properties, I tried a lot in there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Micke

I'd like to get the line out of the middle of the circle too. I just want the arrows on the outside with the extension lines, but no line across the middle. I'll keep picking around in Options to do that.

I didn't see how to apply this to all diameters in Dimstyles. I'll keep looking, but if there is a way to apply Dim Line Forced to all diameters, that's what I'm hoping to achieve.

Thanks again.

I believe that's the default behavior if the text won't fit inside the circle. You can "force" two arrows with the "Draw dim line between extension lines" checkbox on the "FIT" tab of the Dimension style and/or make a child dimension style for Diametric dimensions if you don't want that line between extension lines for all your other dimensions.

That one is, just wanted to see if that's what you meant. In the dimension style dialog, look on the "fit" tab. In the lower left is a box called "fine tuning". Check the box that says "draw dim line between ext lines". To make it do it, you'll have to pull the dimension outside the circle each time. If you put it inside it, it will look like the radius dim.

I believe that's the default behavior if the text won't fit inside the circle. You can "force" two arrows with the "Draw dim line between extension lines" checkbox on the "FIT" tab of the Dimension style and/or make a child dimension style for Diametric dimensions if you don't what that line between extension lines for all your dimensions.

Out typed again!!! :notworthy: