Windows Movie Maker Help?

Garfitor

Hey all. So I'm making on an animation for work, but since my computer at work has only got 2 gigs of memory, I can't do the whole thing in one go or AutoCAD crashes. So I've got three parts of a video, and I need to put them together using Windows Movie Maker. I'm running into an issue with WMM, though, where the last few milliseconds of my clips seem to get cut off when I import them into WMM. I can watch the clips on Windows Media Player, and they run for the entirety of the duration, but once I put them in WMM, they're a few milliseconds shorter. This creates an unpleasantly jarring transition from one clip to the next when I put them together into a movie. Any advice? :unsure:

I'd love to, but the company isn't too keen on me downloading new software to their computer. They kinda adopt the attitude, "we've always done it this way, so we're not gonna change it now." :glare:

Put together a clip for management showcasing the "unpleasantly jarring transitions." It wouldn't hurt if you enhanced them to underscore the effect on the potential viewers (who, I'm assuming, are clients). Tell them it happens because you only have access to an editor that comes with the system.

For some time Sony supplied a disk with new drives that included the whole Nero suite. You can download some versions of Nerovision for free, and there are other freeware editors out there.

Another solution is to overlap the cuts in your video segments. When Movie Maker drops the bit at the end, trim it back to the beginning of the next segment.