repair acad 2006

jlm

am getting a "Failure to create CommCTRclientsink object!" error every time i start up and a few commands don't work from the keyboard until i do a pan or zoom fromt he drop down menu.

the advice is to perform a repair from the install disk, but when I try that, i get an install message that says I need to enter a variety of data intot he command line, like the MS , etc, and i don't know what theya re looking for. this is using the orignal purchased disk

also, what is the likelihood, if i re-install, that i will be kaput? i can still use the program as is, I cannot afford to not be running

thx

If you first uninstall (cleanly) then reinstall I don't see where you should have a problem. I'd also find, download and install any updates or hot fixes (that apply) for AutoCAD 2006 prior to running the program for the first time after the re-install.