• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luiscarneirorm

• pBe

• Lt Dan's legs

• irneb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(ssget '((-4 . "<NOT")(0 . "HATCH")(-4 . "NOT>")))

Is this what you're looking for?

No...

I want to select, just the boundaries(if they exist) of the hatch entities.

(if (ssget "_:s" '((0 . "hatch")))
 (progn
   (vlax-for x
     (vla-get-activeselectionset
       (vla-get-activedocument
         (vlax-get-acad-object)
       )
     )
     (vla-getloopat x 0 'loop)
   ) 
   (if (eq (type loop) 'safearray)
     (setq loop (vlax-safearray->list loop))
   )
 )
)

(if (ssget "_:s" '((0 . "hatch")))
(progn
(vlax-for x
(vla-get-activeselectionset
(vla-get-activedocument
(vlax-get-acad-object)
)
)
(vla-getloopat x 0 'loop)
) 
(if (eq (type loop) 'safearray)
(setq loop (vlax-safearray->list loop))
)
)
)

finger002.gif

Simple solution if the exact boundary

(if no boundary objects spline/ellipse)

(command "_-hatchedit" pause "_B" "_P" "_N")

(setq A (entlast))

500.jpg

Is the hatch associative and you're trying to select the entities which are the source of the boundary? If so then you can check the PickStyle=2 setting (Options dialog -> Selection tab -> Selection Modes (Associative Hatch) bottom left). Then Lt Dan's legs' 1st idea should work perfectly.

I need to automatically select all the limits of the hatch, and swap them for a particular layer. I found a function that recreates the limits of my hatch in layer I want, but then need to remove the ancient landmark.

Is there any way to run the "overkill" or a similar function, I eliminate duplicate entities if they are in different layers?

I insert 2 files, the hatch1 it's the original, and the hatch2 it's my goal. I think this way is more noticeable.

hatch2.dxf

hatch1.dxf

I don't think it's possible, or at least EXTREMELY difficult. Not if the hatches are done as per your attachment. If they were associative there'd've been a link to the boundary objects which would be possible to use for selecting them. Due to the hatches being non-associative, there is no link. Thus you could try recreating the boundaries as polylines / regions through the hatchedit command and then try to find similar linework. Though that's also very difficult, since a hatch may have been made using pick-points - in which case the boundary may only be a portion of the entity. So it's an even more involved process than what happens inside OverKill to figure out where these entities are.

I also have the idea that it is quite complex.

what I do at the moment is to run a function that recreates all the Hatch boundaries in a new layer, after i turn off this layer and i select the hatch's and the boundaries (if exist) manually to delete them...

P.S: With the routines in this and other forums i have managed to reduce a job that took about 3 or 4 hours to 15 or 20 minutes, but I needed this function, and one or two more, to complete the automation of this process, and remove the human errors...

something like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30294[/ATTACH]

No...

if my HATCH's were that way I would have no problem, my problem is that some hatch's have the boundaries, but not associated with the hatch, i think if you check my files in the post #10 you understand my goal...

Yes well, that's the normal recreate hatch boundary, as explained by GP_ in post #7.

AFAICT the OP wants to select the original entities which formed the boundary. He doesn't want "new" boundary entities, he wants the originals. See the 2 DXFs in the OP's post #10. It seems as a 2nd option alternative he'd be willing to accept getting rid of the originals after recreating the boundary ... i.e. as if he's run an OverKill after the boundary recreate.

Yes, I am using this function to recreate the boundaries, but my problem it's delete the old boundaries when they are.

Yes well, that's the normal recreate hatch boundary, as explained by GP_ in post #7.

AFAICT the OP wants to select the original entities which formed the boundary. He doesn't want "new" boundary entities, he wants the originals. See the 2 DXFs in the OP's post #10. It seems as a 2nd option alternative he'd be willing to accept getting rid of the originals after recreating the boundary ... i.e. as if he's run an OverKill after the boundary recreate.

exactly...