AutoCAD Book Recommendation

ziemerd

Look 'em up on amazon.com!

Plenty of books there for AutoCAD.

eBay also has discounted AutoCAD books, CD's, training, take a peek-a-boo at www.ebay.com!

Did a lot of work for Quaker Oats in Cedar Rapids, IA!

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Tankman, I hear Quaker Oats is a good place to work. I'm working for John Deere as a contractor myself.

Is there a Cad for Dummies, any good. I have been in autcad for some time and mine is highly customized from regular autocad. Would like to bone up on regular cad. Do not need anything that goes into 3d etc.

remark didn't omura do a book purely for 2d work? i think that the

title was something like "A Begginers guide to 2d Draughting"

I can't remember properly as it was at college when i read it.

Or was it someone else.

good point, but i thought at least the basic 2d techniques shown/described in the book could be applied to both,

soz if i'm wrong

My boss got me Finkelstein's book and a Dummies book. Finkelstein is the bomb! The Dummies book was not very helpful but I've been working with AutoCAD for a few years now.

Finkelstein starts at the very beginning and moves all the way to more complex stuff but it's very detailed, step-by-step, with exercises that take you through the steps using drawings on a DVD that comes with the book. The DVD contains some software, that I haven't checked out yet, and a lot of valuable information. This book is well worth it's weight in gold for the beginner and the more seasoned AutoCAD operator.