• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vandall

• JD Mather

• Sphiinx

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have seen an icon for frame generator but not approached it. I take it i should be using that piece of the software?

If you go to the Design Tab while in the Assembly environment you will see the Frame Generator.

JD,

Can you hear the sound of an apiphany. I had no idea this was here.

I take it that I create a skeleton of the frame in sketches and then insert the frame members using the skelton as a guide or can I just throw in the fame members.

also is it easy to trim automatically to various angles as i build on the fly?

It is not completely automatic - you select a trim tool and the members to trim.

There are a couple of built in tutorials under Help>Learning Tools>Tutorials and Skillbuilders. (the tutorial files are a separate download - search Google Autodesk Inventor 2012 Tutorial files)

Yes, you build a wireframe sketch and place that in an assembly file. Then use to place the frame members.

It takes a bit to learn this technique too. It looks like you are doing pretty good the part-by-part way.

Did you see the file how I Split to trim the solid with the compound angle?

I did see that and it took me just a few seconds to replecate. Thank you very much!!

Would you normally suggest using the frame generator to build up a chassis. Can you then produce drawings of each component? Then can you add various ipt files to the assembly such as wish bones and the like?

JD,

Thank you for you time on this, you have made me think about the proper way to perform the task.

Whilst I have gotten used to handling constraints etc I can now see the huge benefit of using the frame generator. I can even use a dwg. file for the skelton on go from there.

I can then use the weldment tool and on to the frame analysis as well.

Cool - Thank you.