extend rectangle

Jack_O'neill

Hey guys. This has probably been asked before, so sorry if I'm repeating it. Did some searches, didn't turn up anything.

Anybody got a lisp for extending a rectangle like just an ordinary line? We draw gobs of rectangles to represent various assemblies. They range from 2" to 8" wide and anywhere from a few inches to several hundred inches long. Stretch is great, but it would really be nice to pick a line or other object, even another of these rectangles and extend to it. A real plus would be if it would do more than one at a time.

Anybody got anything like that?

Thanks.

I would consider a dynamic block. Add two stretch actions and you can drag the dimensions. Also if there are predefined sizes, you can hard code the dimensions in a table in the block definition.

But this doesn't solve the request to change more rectangles at a time.

you can stretch with the grip points. select the gip points on one side of your rectangle/s, then streatch to perp of the line you want to align to

I would consider a dynamic block. Add two stretch actions and you can drag the dimensions. Also if there are predefined sizes, you can hard code the dimensions in a table in the block definition.

But this doesn't solve the request to change more rectangles at a time.

I thought about doing that, but we have some software in use farther down stream that harvests the length of these rectangles from the electronic drawings to drive an assortment of saws and other machinery. This software is looking for closed polylines. I could do the dynamic block thing, but then I'd have to explode them all for this ancient bit of software to be able to see what it needs. This stuff is so specific in what it wants that you can't even draw the rectangle by using 4 polylines. That method will yield 5 sets of coordinates, where a rectangle only has 4. I've suggested changing how the stuff in the shop works, only to be met with a firestorm of "Just draw it the way we need it."

Oh well, it was just a thought. Thanks anyway.