Layer Isolate Problem

Sye1982

Hi, I am using AutoCAD 2009 LT and I am having trouble with the 'layer isolate' command

When I isolate 1 layer and turn on any others i.e so i just have say 3 or 4 layers on to help me see something more clearly, when I unisolate the layers it should turn all the layers back on...

but it is not doing this, and it is even freezing layers without my doing, I am finding this very frustrating as i have to keep manually turning and un freezing layers that should come back on automatically with that command...

i never had this problem with the layer on/off command in my previous version of Autocad 2004 LT

can anyone help?

Welcome to the forum Sye,

How are you unisolating the layer (I haven't heard of that one )

I usually use the layer previous button after I use the layiso command. (or command line LAYERP)

This returns the layer settings back one step.

Hope this helps..:)

hope I understood correctly, You are iolating one layer and then turning on a few of the layers that were turned off due to u isolating 1 layer?

try isolating the 3 or 4 layer that you need together at the one time, then when u say unisolate all the layers will come back on.

although I'm not sure if that is also possible in LT, am using the power of assumption here

Hi there, thanks for your replies..

the 'Layuniso' command button is next to the 'Layiso' on my my tool bar in Autocad 2009 LT..

I tried isloating all the layers I require at the same time as apposed to isolating 1 layer and then manually turning on additional layers, this seems to work how it should, thanks for that..

everything seems to be working how I want it to now, thanks again for your help