Animated Presentation with CAD Drawings

hoss

Hi,

My boss has seen a video clip that start with an aerial view of a building, then a rotation around that building- a top view which turns into CAD or similar drawing. Then the building is viewed floor by floor from top to ground floor. Then the clip carries on showing a production line with conveyor belt moving and so on..

Now he wants to prepare a similar thing for a job he is pricing at the moment. He wants to know what packages are needed and time scales for getting something like this ready. I have never done any animation don’t know where to start.

Can someone please give me some guidance or point me into right direction? I can produce 3D drawings with CAD and Solid works and thats about it. L

Thanks

Technically, you can produce 3D animation with vanilla AutoCAD. After you've created your model, you can define a path for a camera and export a video file. Look under the View menu for Motion Path Animations and rendering options. Be prepared to wait a long time for the results.

This board has a forum specifically for 3D modelling and rendering. You may have better luck there.

Technically, you can produce 3D animation with vanilla AutoCAD. After you've created your model, you can define a path for a camera and export a video file. Look under the View menu for Motion Path Animations and rendering options. Be prepared to wait a long time for the results.

This board has a forum specifically for 3D modelling and rendering. You may have better luck there.

A very long time. I recently did a 20 second animation of a 3D model I created and even with this i7 quad core with 12 GB of RAM it took 89 hours to render the clip. For animation work you have to be patient. Good luck.