PDF underlay issues

SWfangirl

I have a file that has a pdf map for the background. If I make any type of change to the drawing such as import a shp file or move a line I can’t see anything until I regen the drawing or use draw order to send the pdf back. Is there an option or setting I can change so I don’thave to do that all the time. It is very annoying.

Sounds like a video issue, try setting hardware acceleration on/off. If you are using Windows 7 make sure you are not using the Areo theme. In the mean time try setting the objects on thier own layers and use transparenty with those layers if draw order does not keep them in the back.

Thanks for your reply. :) I am using windows 7 and my desktop is just a .jpg. All of the objects are on their own layers and the transparency is set to 80. It is still doing it. I right now and using Map 3D, but the file was created in civil 3D with all of their styles and settings. I wonder if maybe that is what is causing this?

• 1 month later...

I must say that every year at Autodesk University I find myself having a "Duh" moment. I have been lookign for a system variable to keep my PDF maps under my electrical linework. Really to save a few clicks. During a class the fast easy convenient work around slapped me in the face. Instead of having the pdf inserted with a Z value of 0 if I set the Z value to -.25 my pdf stays where I want it. Now I don't have to regen everytime I insert something or make changes to my drawings. :) Yeah Becoming a power user class!