Wide screen monitors stretches circles into ellipses,

muck

I thought it was a matter of setting up the monitor for the correct resolution.

This is my twin monitor set up, and the circles seem to be circles on both normal and wide screen monitors.

WideMonitor.jpg

The resolutions you need will be strange numbers. For instance, mine are currently set at 1440 x 900. Your mileage may vary. This is what works for my old eyes.

The resolutions you need will be strange numbers. For instance' date=' mine are currently set at 1440 x 900. Your mileage may vary. This is what works for my old eyes.[/quote']

Yeah, mine is 1920x1080.

If you have an older video card make sure it can do widescreen resolutions. Stupid manager at another job had a widescreen on her station. When she was let go I moved into her office and used her monitor. I noticed that her system had outdated drivers and after an update images were correct again. Sound like an older card if Windows is not seeing a widescreen monitor attached to your system. What are your system specs?

Gonna have to disagree there, pretty sure Acad just follows what windows has set for you under it's display settings. It's either display drivers or an older card that does not do widescreen. If you do find something please share though as that would be good to learn about.

Pretty sure there is a aspect ratio inside Autocad that you can set also to fix this check help ?

Edit: Ok, maybe back in older versions but with newer say '04 and up I am pretty sure windows controls this.

Pretty sure there is a aspect ratio inside Autocad that you can set also to fix this check help ?

I remember what you're talking about. They used to tell you to measure the height and width of a square, and then use that to correct. That was a pain in the butt on those old 14" fishbowl crt monitors.

That's all done in the operating system now. There is a reference to "aspect ratio" in the help files, but if dig in to it, you'll see it has to do with rendering output.