External Database Information

atb1984

I've got a civil map drawing of roads, pipelines and existing mines, each on their own layer. The pipelines are what I'm interested in. The pipelines are all polylines, and when I view the properties of one line, there is a long list of information like pipe diameter, activity status, install date and so on. There are no blocks in the drawing, so these are not attributes. I've not worked with external databases before, so I don't know how to handle this information or if this information is even from a database. I tried to detach a database, and "No attached databases." came out on the command line. What the engineers are ultimately asking for is to display a few fields of all that information along each line (picture a river on a map with the name running alongside it). Is this possible, and if not how can I extract this information?

Autodesk Map 2004

By the way, I've been reffering to these forums for about a year now, and this is my first posting. So, thanks in advance for any help!

Is this information in an Excel spreadsheet? If so, you can use DATALINKto bring the information into the drawing. It will allow you to make it into table form. Hope this will be of help.

Thanks for the reply.

No, all I have is the drawing. I'm trying to figure out where all this information is coming from, and if I can extract it from the drawing. When I select an polyline in the drawing (the pipelines), the properties tab shows a long list of information linked to that particular pipeline.