write blocks

BrianS

I made a write block from one drawing so that i could use it in another drawing. Now that i have inserted it into a different drawing i cannot explode it. I did not see the option to allow exploding when i created it.

I tried to create a regular block (not a write block) but then when i opened a new drawing and clicked "insert" "block" it was not in the list of available blocks? can anyone help?

When you used the wblock command that simply created a .dwg file (not a write block). When you inserted that .dwg file into another file it should explode without any problem. Post the .dwg file that was made using the wblock command.

When you created a block that block stays in the drawing you created it in. You will need to use Design Center to navigate to that drawing and then insert the block from that drawing into a new drawing. Or you insert the one drawing into the other and any block definitions come along for the ride.

When you start the explode command and pick on the block, what is reported back to you in the command line?

Also, pick on the block and open properties and tell me what the block name is.

Finally, start the BLOCK command, navigate to that block name, is the allow exploding box checked? If not check it and then exit and redefine when asked. Now try to explode.