Convertpsyltes error from CTB to STB

enemigoman

Hello:

As per a client's request, I need to switch from our current CTB modus operandi to STB. I have tried using the convertpstyle command, but when it prompts me to select the *.stb provided by the client (located in the Plot Styles folder, right?), the following message appears:

"Name.stb does not contain a color mapping table and cannot be used to convert drawings. Select a different named plot style table."

At first, I thought the file was corrupt or something, but when I tried to assign the ACAD-installed acad.stb or monochrome.stb files, the same message appears.

When I double-clik the file in Windows, everything seems to be correct from both table and form views.

At this point, it might be very obvious that I am totally unfamiliar with the use of *.stb files and I must be doing something basically and evidently wrong, but I just don't get it.

ACAD 2012, 64 bits.

Thanks,

First use convertctb and name that file convert.stb (or what ever you want) this will contain the color mapping needed. Now use convertpstyle and point to the convert.stb, finally in your drawing change from convert.stb to your client's stb.

• 8 years later...

Pretty old thread here but several forums either have a different issue or have not solved the issue. 

"Name.stb does not contain a color mapping table and cannot be used to convert drawings. Select a different named plot style table."

I have a file / block with parameters and actions for some reason set to CTB. Error above so I couldn't change to STB. 

I inserted the block into a new file that was correctly set to STB, and WBlocked that file to override the original. Opened and it is now STB. 

reason I wanted the block to STB is so i could manipulate lineweights. 

no CONVERTPSTYLES or CONVERTCTB required