Binding 2 linked file

DJB

I Cannot find/remember how to 'Bind' 2 linked revit files in MEP 2012.

I have found info that it is in the options tab, but I still cannot find the bind button.

Can anyone help please.

You want the file to be bound into Revit??

If that is the case, on the Ribbon Choose Import CAD, instead of Link CAD.

Think of Link CAD as XREFing and Import as Binding

You want the file to be bound into Revit??

If that is the case, on the Ribbon Choose Import CAD, instead of Link CAD.

Think of Link CAD as XREFing and Import as Binding

Thanks, but I'm sure that's not what I am looking for. I am begining to think this process may hav changed from 2011 to 2012v.

I have in the past had a revit file for exteral shell ofa building and then imported a internal core file and then bound the linked files to make them one.

I'll keep trying, but thanks again for your help.

I don't think I've ever 'bound' a linked file in any version of Revit (currently in 2012 BDSP). The closest I've come is import a .dwg then explode it; but as described above, importing is essentially binding it.

I think the wording you're using has confused everyone. You just want to combine two models into one and then link that one into working model. Well, as far as I know, there isn't an easy way to do that save copying and pasting one model into the other.

You're best bet is to link the internal core to the external core using an "overlay".

You can then link the external core to your working model as an "attachment" and it'll bring in both cores in one link.

So, link Model1 into Model2, then link Model2 into Model3; but you want Model1 to appear in Model3 through the 2-3 link?

If that's the case, it's possible, as I'm doing it right now. You must set Model1 as "Shared" in Model2, then it will link in to Model3 as a part of Model2.

If that's not what you're looking for ... I'm confused. lol