Autodesk 3ds Max 9 32-bit (Problem)

nas

i have installed and activated the product with no problem but when i oped it the 4 windows just doesn't work -----> attached is how it looks !!!

I tried quit a lot of different things from Hotfix to DirectX installation BUT the problem exists and made me completely tired :C

PLEASE help me

thanx in advance

Picture1.jpg

What operating system are you running? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Have you tried re-installing?

it's 32 bit & Yes i have re- installed it for 2 times !

I already asked, but I'll ask again. What operating system are you running? XP? 2000? Vista? Windows 7?

What are your system specs, (processor, RAM, video card)? Desktop or Laptop?

Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements for Max 9?

Software: 32-bit operating system requirements: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or higher recommended) or Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4)

Hardware: 32-bit version minimum requirements: Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon XP or higher processor, 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 500 MB swap space (2 GB recommended), hardware-accelerated OpenGL and Direct3D support, Microsoft Windows-compliant pointing device (optimized for Microsoft IntelliMouse), DVD-ROM drive

This is a legal copy of Studio Max, correct?

thanx for your reply. Well , It's Windows XP Professional 2002 (Service Pack3), what i see in system properties ---->Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.8 GHz, RAM 1.2 GB .....since i'm not expert can you please let me know how to find info's about swap space, hardware-accelerated OpenGL and Direct3D support, Microsoft Windows-compliant pointing device etc ... in my computer ?!

You didn't answer my last question.

Anyway, looking at your computer specs I see you are in need of a computer upgrade. I don't think your system can handle Studio Max.

1. You have a Celeron processor but you need a Pentium IV processor. Take a look here to find out why: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question268.htm

2. You have only 1.2GB RAM, which meets the bare minimum requirements, but you really need a minimum of 2GB to run Studio Max effectively.

3. You didn't list your video card, but judging by your other specs, I think it's probably safe to say that it's not equipped to handle a program like Studio Max.

4. Don't worry about swap space or OpenGL, etc. because, in my opinion, you need a better computer in order to run Studio Max.

It's sad ... so you mean the only solution is i'v to change my computer?

well in my last attempt, when I hopelessly ran directx diagnostic tool i found out there was a note "Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer" Can this potentially cause any problem or not?

thnx

PS: I"m not sure About the originality of the copy of MAX!but it had a crack and a serial number for activation.

PS: I"m not sure About the originality of the copy of MAX!but it had a crack and a serial number for activation.

If it had a crack then it is obviously not a legal copy of the program. If you choose to use cracked software then it's up to you to figure out how to get it to work.

• 1 month later...

My friend met the problem that no grids appear in the viewports. He had checked DirectX had been correctly installed.

Finally, he went to menu Customize > Preferences... > Viewports; click [Choose Driver...] and select "OpenGL". That worked for his pc.

Maybe there is some conflict with his display board.