Imported Hatches will not work

RobHansen

autocadhatchpic3.jpg

I am using autocad 2012 and downloaded these hatches from the internet but cannot select them in autocad. Fr some reason they will just not work

autocadhatchpic.jpg

autocadhatchpic2.jpg

Copy them to a folder in your application folder, C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Autocad 2012/My Custom Hatches Then re-map them in your Files search path dialog. I say copy them, because a re-install will delete them from the Autocad 2012 folder, and you will want to keep them. So save them and any other custom files outside of the Autocad folder structure.

They will then be located by the Hatch dialog > Hatch Type > Custom, and the Custom Pattern buttons. You will have to click the little button by the Custom pattern button to get a list to select from. They won't load to the drop down custom pattern list all at once. Once you have selected one, it will then stay on the list.

Copy them to a folder in your application folder, C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Autocad 2012/My Custom Hatches Then re-map them in your Files search path dialog. I say copy them, because a re-install will delete them from the Autocad 2012 folder, and you will want to keep them. So save them and any other custom files outside of the Autocad folder structure.

They will then be located by the Hatch dialog > Hatch Type > Custom, and the Custom Pattern buttons. You will have to click the little button by the Custom pattern button to get a list to select from. They won't load to the drop down custom pattern list all at once. Once you have selected one, it will then stay on the list.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I followed all the steps you said but the same thing happens as before. I assume by custom pattern button you mean 'User defined' which is where I found them but the box still just displays the name of my custom hatch and shows a red line through the box and wont let me actually select it

Not Pre-Defined, This is where.

If they are stand alone pattern files, as opposed to being added to the acad.pat file, have you checked that the file name is exactly as the first word in the file.

Open the file with a plain text editor (Notepad or Wordpad), and see what the first word is. That must be the file name (without the *)

I assume by custom pattern button you mean 'User defined' which is where I found them but the box still just displays the name of my custom hatch and shows a red line through the box and wont let me actually select it

Looks like a problem within the .PAT file itself.

Check the pattern name is the same as the filename as eldon mentioned - file X.PAT should contain pattern named X.

Only ONE pattern per .PAT file (More than one pattern is allowed ONLY in ACAD.PAT and ACADISO.PAT).

There should be a blank line at the end of the file.

All lines in the file should be

Each line should be terminated with a cr/lf character pair.

Hugh Adamson

www.hatchkit.com.au

Looks like a problem within the .PAT file itself.

Check the pattern name is the same as the filename as eldon mentioned - file X.PAT should contain pattern named X.

Only ONE pattern per .PAT file (More than one pattern is allowed ONLY in ACAD.PAT and ACADISO.PAT).

There should be a blank line at the end of the file.

All lines in the file should be

Each line should be terminated with a cr/lf character pair.

Hugh Adamson

www.hatchkit.com.au

Thank you this sorted it out. The files must have been renamed at some point so that they were not the same as the name inside the file

All sorted now