Consistency In Execution in Stand Alone VB Express 2008 appliaction - Acad2011

NirantarVidyarthee

Hello,

I am developing a stand-alone application using VB Express 2008 and AutoCAD 2011 with following steps.

10. Open a dialog box and collect information from the user.

20. Open AutoCAD and open an existing drawing and save it with different name.

30. Fill in data in the drawing and close it.

40. Open another drawing (in the same AutoCAD instance) and save it with different name.

50. Create some geometry in the drawing and close it.

60. Close AutoCAD.

70. Close the application.

But I am unable to achieve any consistancy in the execution.

Sometimes program does not run at all.

Sometimes, only first drawing is created. Sometimes only second drawing is created.

When I execute the program in debug mode the program always executes successfully.

When I run it on another computer (where VB Express is not loaded), program runs successfully only first time. But When I rerun the program it does not execute.

I am not an experienced programmer. So I may be missing simple tricks and techiques.

Please suggest me ways to make my program robust so that it runs successfully every time ond on any computer that has AutoCAD 2011.

Even trivial suggestions are welcome (since I may be missing something very simple). I will cross-check and let you know if I have already implemented that suggestion or the result of implementing that suggestion.

Since the program runs successfully while debugging, I have every reason to believe that there are no syntax errors.

This is a winforms application with a sub main that displays the first form.

- Nirantar Vidyarthee

(I have posted this also in the TheSwamp forum just to increase the chances of getting more responses. And I am watching both the forums. So, you can respond to any one of the forum.)