ctrl+shift+a

Henrikersna

Hey again,

Before working with map3d, i used to work with civil3d and there used to be this short key command ctrl+shift+a, which would select all the similar objects. But for some reason it doesent seem to work anymore. This is something i cant seem to find an answer from google either. Altough they do say, that this function is present in civil3d and not in autocad 2008. I am wondering if they still havent added this function or am i doing something wrong. using AECSELECTSIMILAR command also gives feedback, that it is unknown command for the program. I do know, that they also have lisps for this, but i cant imagine that they have actually left out such an important command. Can anyone help or give a comment about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Henri

Select Similar is one of those commands that those that have used it, can't live without - and the rest of us just get along without it. And from discussion on this forum from the past, it is indeed not present in all verticals of AutoCAD. Sorry.

In Map3D 2011 the command is _SelectSimilar and is on the right click menu after you select an object. The orginal AECSELECTSIMILAR command was only in a few verticals, Civil3D was one, and not in Map3D or vanilla AutoCAD.