Copying from last copied to point

PeterV

Hopefully I can explain this problem accurately with a simple example. I've got four objects dimensioned with continuous style dims @ 6", 4", & 10". To replicate this, I would normally do a multiple copy and start with my base object, and copy it over 6", 10" and 20".

My problem is, I've got a large set of numbers to do this with and it's time consuming. Is there a way to copy, offset or array objects so that when I'm entering my values, it adds from the last point I copied to?

Look under Express Tools and check out the commands COPYM and EXOFFSET. With COPYM you might try the "measure" option. With EXOFFSET look at using "Shift". Tell us if these will work for you or not.

Look under Express Tools and check out the commands COPYM and EXOFFSET. With COPYM you might try the "measure" option. With EXOFFSET look at using "Shift". Tell us if these will work for you or not.

Thanks for the tip. COPYM and using the 'measure' option worked, but seemed inefficient still. EXOFFSET worked as well but I couldn't enter different increments.

Ideally, I would want a command where, after entering the command, you select the object to be copied and then just enter your increments one by one hitting 'enter' between each value. Is there anything like this that AutoCAD offers? (btw, I'm using 2008)

Not that I can recall at the moment. Have you tried searching for a Lisp routine?

I'm not at all familiar with Lisp routines. I'd love to learn about this subject, but don't have the time to at this point.