Linetype Starting With Text

indianateresa

I work for a communications company and would like to create custom line types that reference the cable schedule (i.e. be able to create a spline that intermittently has a Q along the spline).

I've been able to manipulate the font, X and Y axis, etc. to get it- almost. However, I need the spline to begin with the letter and I can't figure that out.

This is the LIN:

*CABLE Q, Q_______ Q _____________

A,3,-.10,["Q",NOTES,S=0.02,R=0.0,X=-0.075,Y=-0.05],-.10

moz-screenshot.jpgWhich makes something like: ________________Q____________

But I need: Q____________________Q_______

or better yet: ___Q____________________Q_____

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Teresa

I don't think linetypes in acad can begin with a symbol; try and make the first number after A, smaller, e.g. 0.1. You may need to add a number at the end to make it look correct.

I made the following using Express > Tools > Make Linetype command in AutoCAD 2007.

Q_Line.dwg

Note that the line starts with a letter. If you need to have a small segment of line before the "Q" you would have to draw it differently. The Express Tools FAQ section provides you with the instructions on how to use the command (see MKLTYPE). Now, what are you waiting for? Go design your custom linetype.

• 3 weeks later...