Does anyone make use of the Sheet Set Manager

charlie72

Hi i have been carrying out research on the Sheet Set Manager (SSM) in Autocad and would like to know if other members find it usefull? I personally feel that its a great asset for managing drawings but there is not that much talk about it on the forum.

Hi i have been carrying out research on the Sheet Set Manager (SSM) in Autocad and would like to know if other members find it usefull? I personally feel that its a great asset for managing drawings but there is not that much talk about it on the forum.

I work on my own (one man shop) but I still find it very useful on even small projects. I haven't spent time to use some of the "higher end" functions as yet.

Hi rkent. What do you use the sheet set manager for mostly? Is it organising lots of different drawings to a central defined list or sometime other. Are you able to put callout blocks on the drawings?

I deal with a 16 sheet plan set. So as for sheets sets they work great for me. I also use the other features like fields, place call out blocks from the manager, and set view ports. It organizes all my details and sheets for each project.

Hi rkent. What do you use the sheet set manager for mostly? Is it organising lots of different drawings to a central defined list or sometime other. Are you able to put callout blocks on the drawings?

I use it for projects. With all the drawings listed it is easy to toggle from one sheet to the next. I also use the sheet list table for a drawing index on the cover sheet. Also I like to publish the project from the SSM. I haven't started using it to keep up with call out bubbles and such. Planning to use more of its capabilities as time goes on.

When you do find time rkent to explore the callout bubbles I would suggest that you have a look at the link below. I found callout bubbles tricky to get the hang of at first and spent a considerable amount of time on them.

Not quit sure how you determined a 16 page sheet set plan for each project BWhealton. Would each project not require a different number of sheets based on the type of project. My be your projects are more consistent in nature.

http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/2005/12/sheets_happen_s.html

I use SSM quite often. It can become very useful when you create a Template that is associated directly with that particular drawing or project, with all your Plot/Publish and Titleblock settings embedded into it. It really can streamline everything, and you don't have to worry about searching through directories of CAD Job Folders for other sheets, XREF's, etc. It's all right through the interface using the SSM and the XREF Manager. :)