Printing A3 to an A4 printer

nowikovs12

Hello everybody,

I want to print an A3 drawing on an A4 printer. I saved the drawing as .DWF and opened the "Autodesk Design Review 2012" to perform the "tiling" print. When in printing proporties, I can't seam to understand why the drawing is split in 6 pages, when in reality one A3 sheet is 2x A4 sheets. You can see in the example, that so much space is wasted, is there a way to center the drawing, and am I doing everything right here?

Thank you for your time, and help

print dialog.jpg

Ok, I have manadged to cut down from 6 to 4 pages, by checking the Portrait mode, instead of Landscape, but still, why can't the page be cut down to 2 sheets.

cut to 4.jpg

If you look at the printer's paper size, it is quoted as 11.0 x 8.5in. Then compare that with an A4 size and you will see why you are getting so many sheets.

Also most printers are not set up to print to the edges, so it allows a printing margin on every sheet. :cry:

ahaaa.jpg

Thanks for your reply, yes I just notised the letter size, I changed it to A4 size, but still, it is cut down to 4 tiles, rather than 2.

It is the print margins that complicate things.

The minimum number of sheets of A4 to print a complete A3 is three. Three portrait A4s side by side (with overlaps) to cover a Landscape A3.