Finally

Seath

Wahooo!!!! Thanks to a large customer requiring us to have revit to continue doing business with them we are getting 2 seats along with 3 day training course! Great way to start off the new year!

Good luck and have fun. Let us know when you got questions.

Deadlines associated with new projects requiring Revit really pushes the learning curve almost vertical. We had a similar thing come up, and the learning curve got very steep very fast, discouraging a lot of users.

Just remember, it's not AutoCAD, it's not like AutoCAD.

Good luck and have fun. Let us know when you got questions.
I'll back that up X100. 8)

Deadlines associated with new projects requiring Revit really pushes the learning curve almost vertical. We had a similar thing come up, and the learning curve got very steep very fast, discouraging a lot of users.

Just remember, it's not AutoCAD, it's not like AutoCAD.

Once again, but X1,000 on this one. If you even think about thinking about AutoCAD once you open Revit, you've already lost the battle.

I personally don't like Revit (Structure in particular) and haven't been able to master it enough to work comfortably in it.
Well, Revit is the future so liking it better happen quickly. :)

And it takes years to get comfortable in Revit. You have to really want to know how to use it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! First project is a small structure that the client is requiring to be full 3d and so on so I'll have my work cut out for me!

I personally don't like Revit (Structure in particular) and haven't been able to master it enough to work comfortably in it.

I find Architecture to be the easiest to learn. After that, Structure and MEP are a lot easier to pick up.

Struct and MEP are also the most aggravating and I'd much rather draw Architecture than MEP any day.

Agreed Lee Roy. The use of Parameters when creating Families in MEP can get far more complicated than most things in Architecture since fittings and equipment models involve the use of Connectors, let alone the behavior of the Types themselves.