Lost screen menu ?? Help

edion2

Hello,

I am on ACAD 2010.

I use a customized screen menu. I can't work without it.

I did something and the width of the screen menu changed and I can only see half of the displayed text.

No problem I thought. I went to change the width, but while trying to drag the screen menu into the drafting area, I accidentally double clicked the screen menu header. IT DISAPPEARED ! :shock: Now I can't get it back :cry: !!

I went through the "option" dialog box but the "Display Screen Menu" box has a check mark. I unchecked it . . . clicked "apply" . . . added back the check mark . . . clicked "apply" . . . STILL NOTHING !!

I opened the CUI dialog box and under the "workspace property" the screen menu is set to "On".

I'm lost as what to try next. I'm sure its an easy fix. Can someone tell me how to get my Screen Menu to show up again ??

HELP ?! . . .

Thanks

Ed

Can you post an image of what you have now? Could it be hiding behind the AutoCAD window?

Hi,

I did the "print screen" . . . but I can't find the image. I looked everywhere but I can't find it. Where does Windows XP save the "screen image"?

I don't think the screen menu is hiding behind something. The screen menu does not appear even after closing Auto Cad. It does not appear after changing to different workspace. It does not appear after changing to a workspace that has the screen menu "off", then turning it "on" does not work either.

I also realized that "double clicking the header" to close a tool bar only works when docked. When it is floating, the header is on one end and an "x" is on the other end. When it is floating, click + drag on the header to move it, click on "x" to close it.

When I lost the screen menu, it was docked to the right side of my display. When I need to change the width of the screen menu, I first have to make it "floating", change the width, double click on the header, and it docks to the right side of the display . . . which is the default position for the screen menu.

I accidentally double clicked the screen menu header while it was still docked, it disappeared or it was closed. The strange thing is, if I accidentally close any button tool bar, all I have to do is change my workspace to another one, then return, the closed button tool bar is back. I have never closed the screen menu before. This time nothing I can do brings it back.

I hope I don't have to re-install ACAD 2010 . . .

Thanks

Ed

SLW210,

Ah, Clipboard . . . The one software I used "print screen" had a folder for saving screen images.

Here is my ACAD screen:

CAD SCRN 1.jpg

On the right side of the screen, between the "X-Ref Palette" and the edge is the space usually occupied by me screen menu.

Does this help?

Thanks

Ed

Try

_REDEFINE (on command line) [ENTER], SCREENMENU [ENTER] then SCREENMENU [ENTER] then 1 [ENTER]

Hmmm . . . I tried it.

At input request "REDEFINE Enter command name : screenmenu"

Returns "Unknown command name"

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. :( Is there a variable somewhere that isn't set properly for "_REDEFINE" to work?

I thought this is something that happens fairly often among screen menu users in ACAD 2010 that many would know the fix . . . I guess not. Could this be a bug in 2010 ?

Thanks

Ed

Command: _redefine

Enter command name: Screenmenu

Command: screenmenu

Enter new value for SCREENMENU : 1

Still the same result . . . I get "Unknown command name"

Command: screenmenu . . . gives me "Unknown command name"

I also looked at the System Variables (Command: setvar), "screenmenu" is not on the variable list. Is it supposed to be there ?

Its got to be a simple setting somewhere . . .

Thanks

Ed

Y I P P I E E E E E E ! ! ! ! ! ! :D :D :D

MY SCREEN MENU IS BACK !!!

I found a solution quite by accident. I use 2 screen. The screen I do my work on is a 42" 1080P 1920x1080 screen. My laptop resolution is a bit less, 1600x900.

I was going to a friend's home to do some work and took my computer. Any software moved to the second monitor, like my Firefox for the internet, and "closed" while its on the second monitor won't appear on my laptop screen if I don't disable the dual monitor mode. So I disabled it before going to my friend's home.

After I got home, I started Auto Cad. It opened on my laptop screen. A window was open, very small, on the top left corner of the screen. When I dragged the corner . . . ITS MY LOST SCREEN MENU !!

I thinks it was a problem of DUAL SCREEN MODE. If this happens to you, drag Auto Cad to the primary screen and close it there. Disable dual screen mode and restart Auto Cad. That should bring back the screen menu.

Many of my custom toolbar just brings up the screen menu that contains all my custom commands so all my library blocks and many shortcut commands were not accessible. I'm just glad to be back working efficiently.

Thanks

Ed

You have a 42" screen as your main display? Why on earth do you need a second monitor when you have so much screen real estate?

Anyway, glad you sorted your problem out and thanks for coming back to tell us.

• 12 years later...
On 1/5/2012 at 6:29 AM, edion2 said:

Hello,

I am on ACAD 2010.

I use a customized screen menu. I can't work without it.

I did something and the width of the screen menu changed and I can only see half of the displayed text.

No problem I thought. I went to change the width, but while trying to drag the screen menu into the drafting area, I accidentally double clicked the screen menu header. IT DISAPPEARED ! :shock: Now I can't get it back :cry: !!

I went through the "option" dialog box but the "Display Screen Menu" box has a check mark. I unchecked it . . . clicked "apply" . . . added back the check mark . . . clicked "apply" . . . STILL NOTHING !!

I opened the CUI dialog box and under the "workspace property" the screen menu is set to "On".

I'm lost as what to try next. I'm sure its an easy fix. Can someone tell me how to get my Screen Menu to show up again digital menu boards uk??

HELP ?! . . .

Thanks

Ed

I had an app. hang today and re-booted out of it. When it finished booting I have no "task bar" or otherwise known as the menu panel. I had it set to auto hide and now it is permanently hidden. I can't open a terminal window either because I don't have a menu button, and I never copied a terminal shortcut to the desktop. Can anyone help me out of this? I'm running 64 bit Mint 14 with Mate desktop.

Are you on AutoCAD LT 2005 as shown on your profile? Mint 14, isn't that older version?

Your issue sounds like it could be a Profile gone awry. 

As before, an image of your AutoCAD screen would help.